Nouveau Pre-Conservatory Program
The Nouveau Pre-Conservatory program nurtures gifted student musicians on orchestral string instruments from backgrounds that are underrepresented in classical music towards achieving professional music careers. Nouveau provides many of the resources needed to prepare students for advanced conservatory study, at no charge, starting as early as seventh grade.
Students are immersed in an environment for success that includes free weekly lessons, music theory classes, advising, chamber music coaching, performance opportunities and financial assistance for summer music study opportunities and college auditions. If you have any questions please call 513.744.3350.
1. Complete the application found below
2. The application will require submission of an audio or video link. These do not have to be professionally produced. A submission made on a smartphone is acceptable. The file should include selections that demonstrate lyrical and technical playing.
3. Each application requires two (2) letters of reference. They may be submitted electronically or in hard copy. Addresses are located in the application.
4. Following a review of each application interviews will be scheduled with any student musician who advances.
5. The entire application process includes an interview, audition, and an advisory session with the student and a parent/guardian.
Once your application is received you will receive an email with additional information. Applications will be accepted and reviewed on an ongoing basis until December 1, 2018.
Application deadline for the 2019-20 season is April 19, 2019. Interviews will take place in May and final audition will take place June 1, 2019.