• Auditions for the CSYO program will be held August 9-12 at Walnut Hills High School
• There is a non-refundable application fee of $25.
• All applications must be received by July 31, 2017 to guarantee an audition time. If you need assistance after this date please call 513.744.3350.
• All auditions are judged by musicians of the Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra
If selected for a CSYO ensemble all musicians are expected to attend regular rehearsals, and are REQUIRED to attend all mandatory rehearsals, sectionals and performances. The season runs September through the end of May, including a performance on Memorial Day.
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS
1. Complete the CSYO audition application
2. Download and complete the signature for and obtain all necessary signatures
3. Download and print the excerpts
For the audition please be prepared to play the following:
a) Scales up to 4 sharps and 4 flats
b) Orchestral Excerpts: Selections are marked. Tip – listen to various recordings.
c) Solo: Two minutes of a solo (or excerpt from a piece) of your choice. This solo should be representative of your overall musical and technical ability. A piano will not be available. Be prepared to play unaccompanied and do not bring an accompanist. The piece does not need to be memorized. Bring two (2) copies of your piece or excerpt for the judges.
d) Sight reading: Don’t neglect to practice sight reading pieces with which you are unfamiliar to help prepare for this part of the audition.
If you have any questions, please email CSYO@cincinnatisymphony.org or call 513-744-3350.
All auditions will be held at Walnut Hills High School. If you are using GPS to assist you please use the address listed below.
1501 Jonathan Avenue
Cincinnati OH 45207-1403
1. Use Lot D located on Jonathan Avenue
2. Enter at the double doors with CSYO sign
1. Sign in at the registration table
2. You will submit any necessary paperwork
3. Your photo will be taken
4. You will be directed to the warm-up room
1 .Check in with the warm-up room monitor
2. You will remain in the warm-up room until called
3. There are no private warm-up rooms available
1. All auditions are a maximum of 10 minutes
2. Students must bring 2 copies of their audition piece
3. Once your audition is completed you will be taken back to the warm-up room
4. Water fountains and restrooms are located on the first floor near the entrance. There will be some seating available for parents.
5. Audition results will be announced on or around August 17.