Today's Pops in Space concert will be performed as scheduled.
March 9-12, 2017
RAVEL: Mother Goose Suite
GERSHWIN: American in Paris
GERSHWIN: Rhapsody in Blue
RAVEL: Daphnis and Chloé Suite No. 2
RHAPSODY IN BLUE
• Gershwin’s Rhapsody in Blue is a jazzy crowd-pleaser you’ve likely heard before—take a listen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWJ-kGuOA_Q
• Astounding guest pianist Alexander Gavrylyuk brings a “blow-your-socks-off virtuosity” (The Gramophone)
• Gershwin’s An American In Paris captures the sights and sounds of the City of Love (right down to the car horns!)
• Ravel’s Mother Goose Suite includes playful scenes depicting Sleeping Beauty, Tom Thumb, Beauty and the Beast and more
• Daphnis et Chloé, based on Greek mythology, is considered some of Ravel’s best work—listen to “Daybreak” here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_M0boaBa6QM
Composer George Gershwin and Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra percussionist James Rosenberg holding the four taxi horns used in the orchestra’s March 1 & 2, 1929 performances of An American in Paris.
COPYRIGHT 2019 - CINCINNATI SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA