Systems Support Manager
Position Summary The Systems Support Manager will be responsible for oversight of all information technology systems, equipment and processes. They will assist with all day-to-day information technology operations, including functional support for all technology equipment, software and systems. The Systems Support Manager will work with management staff to determine and implement specific technical needs and priorities within the organization. They are responsible for maintaining a dynamic knowledge base of technical solutions to ensure that the organization's IT infrastructure is as efficient and productive as possible.
Information Technology Leadership
- Takes an active role in identifying issues or areas of technological inefficiency and recommending and implementing solutions.
- Provides leadership in strengthening internal communications with staff at all levels throughout the organization while creating and promoting a positive and supportive work environment.
- Respects confidentiality in discussing staff, volunteer and organizational matters; also maintains the confidentiality of organization while creating and promoting a positive and supportive work environment.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of the organization and adheres to all organizational standards.
- Implement new software and technologies, including the training of staff employees and management staff
- Providing guidance for problems and questions
Information Technology Operations
- Manages and maintains all systems applications including but not limited to Windows, Microsoft Office 365 and Tessitura.
- Ensures the availability continuity and security of data and information.
- Manages network operations to include: troubleshooting connectivity problems for workstations, networks, software applications, VoIP phones, copiers and other technologies; installing and maintaining routers; adding/terminating users; assigning rights and access; resetting passwords; establishing email addresses; assessing and reporting operational status; performing backups and restores, etc.
- Uses Programming techniques and scripting languages to automate installing of software and software maintenance in a production environment. Manages and maintains the PDQ Inventory database of all I.T. assets
- Presents and implements technology alternatives to streamline functions and improve productivity.
- Be responsible for providing access to the computer network, implementing new programs, and solving network problems.
- Assess the needs of our employees, develop installation plans for access to the network, and coordinate with various departments to arrange installation and ensure that plans are implemented.
- Take the lead in providing a high level of prompt customer service and answering user inquiries regarding computer software, hardware operation, VoIP telephone systems, upgrades, new hardware and software installation and support
- Oversee the updating of workstations when needed e.g. Windows updates, upgrades, new hardware/software issues
- Coordinate with Director of Information Technology to maintain maximum support coverage of hardware/software issues
- Diagnose and resolve day to day operations issues including High Priority/Mission Critical IT issues outside of normal business hours (On Call)
- Develop training materials or procedures and/or train users in the proper use of hardware and software
- Assist with assigned user account administration and file rights management
- Maintain and expand your knowledge of hardware and software systems
- Responds to system operational problems - on call
- Manage the Help Desk requests that are received via the Help Desk, Phone, by Email and in person. Open tickets when not received via the help desk and continually update ticket status and time spent.
- Set up equipment for employee use, performing or ensuring proper installation of networking computer and telephone systems, and appropriate software
- Experience with SQL databases is desirable
- Monitor and update Anti-Virus software and other updates to software as they become available
- Work on various on-going or long-term projects such as migration, new software roll-outs, and other configuration changes that require longer periods of time to complete
- Other duties as assigned
Reporting Relationship: The Systems Support Manager reports to the Director of Information Technology
- Experience in computer systems support work is preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. A two-year degree in computer science or networking is preferred. Experience and education may be substituted for one another.
- Working knowledge of the practices, principles, and techniques of computer operation; of computer software and hardware; of information security policies and procedures; of local area networks; and of the management of end users expectations required.
- In-depth knowledge of the Windows desktops platforms (Windows 7, Windows 8) as well as a solid grounding in the various Office Applications is critical.
- Some knowledge of wireless network integration and Voice over IP (VoIP) is desirable.
- Skill in the use, support and repair of computers and printers is required.
- The use of applicable programs and systems, in troubleshooting systems, is a daily requirement.
- Ability to help users with the use of all technology.
- Knowledge of diagnostic tools for problem detection and resolution, experience with disk imaging and automatic software distribution tools is also preferred.
Compensation and Benefits: The Accounting Manager position garners a competitive salary. The CSO offers generous benefits including; medical, dental, long term disability, life insurance, health savings account contribution, 403(b) participation with employer contribution, up to 12 weeks paid maternity leave, flex time and the opportunity to work for an artistically thriving and financially stable nonprofit organization.
A Commitment we value
Music teaches us it is precisely in the harmonious blending of different notes, different pitches, different dynamics, different instruments, different musicians, and different voices, that we find comfort, satisfaction, and joy. We celebrate and practice these truths in music, in community and in our daily lives.
The CSO’s commitment to diversity and inclusion reflects its firm belief that diversity and inclusion are good and essential, and in our best interest. By standing together and working together in our differences, we can achieve more. We encourage minority and female candidates to apply.
Please send cover letter and resume to:
Please put “Systems Support Manager” in the subject line.
No third party applications will be accepted.