Subscription Marketing Manager
POSITION SUMMARY: Reporting to the Director of Sales, the Subscription Manager helps deliver on the CSO’s mission and vision of engaging audiences and community better than any other orchestra in the world by driving subscription sales, delivering excellent customer service and deepening patron engagement with the organization.
• Inform the development of and achieve subscription sales goals across all product lines
• Create and manage subscription marketing plans and strategy including email, direct mail, digital and telemarketing
• Oversee the development, execution and evaluation of industry-leading subscriber engagement and appreciation initiatives
• Carefully manage and record all subscription campaign results and ROI. Provide weekly subscription sales reports
• Oversee the subscription (season ticket) processing effort for CSO, Pops and May Festival and partner organizations
• Manage relationship and efficacy of third-party telemarketing vendor; resolve problems; maintain high level of support, accuracy and customer service
• Supervise the Subscription Coordinator. Support Subscription Coordinator in training and order processing as needed
• Ensure in house and online subscription processes are streamlined and patron-centered; create greater efficiencies
• Support the Marketing/Sales team on promotions, training and special projects
• Provide back-up for incoming phone lines, front-of-house and Box Office night of concert coverage
• Attend a minimum of 2 weekend concerts per month throughout the 9 month symphony and pops season
• Other duties as assigned
Desired Job Requirements, Skills, Background:
• One to two years marketing experience
• Customer service, sales and box office experience is a plus
• Innate curiosity, adaptability and willingness to learn
• Stellar project management and planning skills, verbal/written communication skills and the confidence to communicate results to various constituencies
• Ability to represent the CSO in a professional manner
• Thrives in an extremely fast-paced environment and can process information on the fly
• Ability to see the big picture and opportunities, while successfully executing detailed plans
• Proven effectiveness in working cross-functionally and collaboratively
• Experience with effectively managing people
• Bachelor’s degree
• Some knowledge of classical and/or choral music preferred; non-profit or performing arts experience a plus
• Experience with Tessitura database and/or data analysis skills a plus
About the Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra: Comprised of the world’s finest musicians, the Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra aims to fulfill its mission: to seek and share inspiration. A cornerstone of the Cincinnati arts community, the CSO’s vision is to engage audiences and community better than any other orchestra in the world. The CSO, which also performs and records as the Cincinnati Pops Orchestra, presents over 100 concerts and events annually.
As one of the oldest symphony orchestras in the United States, the CSO has achieved international critical acclaim and an operating budget that consistently places it among America’s top 10 orchestras. An Andrew W. Mellon Foundation and National Endowment for the Arts grant recipient the CSO serves as an ambassador for Greater Cincinnati to the world through national and international tours and an extensive Grammy-winning recording catalog, with over 10 million recordings sold worldwide. The success of the CSO is predicated by its values: it is an orchestra determined for greatness and committed to experimentation that serves as Cincinnati’s ambassador to the world and remains devoted to the Cincinnati community.
The CSO celebrates diversity! We are an EEO/M/F/D/V Employer.
Please send cover letter, resume, and compensation requirements via APPLY or to:
Or via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please put “Subscriptions Manager” in the subject line.
No third party applications will be accepted.