Marketing & Sales Coordinator – Part Time
The part-time Marketing & Sales Coordinator is primarily responsible for management of the Gift Shop and providing front of house support.
This position will work approximately 15-20 hours per week on average, with an emphasis on the subscription season from September through May. Summer hours from June through August will be based upon the number of concerts at our venues and in the community. Key responsibilities include: 1) supporting the CSO’s vision of an excellent audience experience; 2) Managing the Gift Shop inventory; 3) Managing the merchandise software (Square), reporting and budgeting; 4) Managing front-of-house operations (FOH) for approximately 20 concerts per season.
This position reports to the Audience Engagement Manager and works in tandem with the Gift Shop Associate.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Manage and replenish Gift Shop inventory
• Support Audience Engagement manager in developing and implementing strategies that improve and enhance the audience experience and drive merchandise sales.
• Manage Gift Shop software (Square) including entering new inventory and discounts into system. Maintain equipment and trouble-shooting any issues.
• Manage reporting of Gift Shop sales, making sure all sales and reports balance at the end of the night and are given to the Audience Engagement Manager.
• Manage reporting of Gift Shop item sales, updating item inventory and generating reports that are given to the Audience Engagement Manager
• Maintain Bravo Shop budget set by the Audience Engagement Manager, ensuring sales meet or exceed budget projections and expenses are kept in check.
• Collaborate with the Audience Engagement Manager on rotating seasonal displays, featured guest merchandise, sale items and curated goods from local vendors as well as
• Manage the set up and tear down of the shop as needed around partner organization events.
• Oversee the Gift Shop on-site operations, sales floor and/or mobile sales for approximately 30%+ of concert and event shifts, most of which fall on evenings, weekends and occasional holidays. Oversee off-site Gift Shop at occasional community concerts and events.
• Assist with new recording releases; seek opportunities to increase sales of recordings and merchandise; achieve sales and profit margin targets.
• Assess audience needs and provide information on various products including extensive CD recording inventory.
• Take active approach in increasing Gift Shop sales by engaging with guests, making recommendations and identifying opportunities to cross-sell products
• Regularly share staff, volunteer and audience feedback to Audience Engagement Manager and Gift Shop Associate.
• Manage or coordinate CD signings in tandem with FOH manager.
• Work occasionally with Audience Engagement Intern(s) and provide positive work environment where new ideas and strategies are given encouragement to flourish.
• Other duties as assigned
• 1 year experience with Gift Shop Software (Square) or similar POS system preferred
• 1 year customer service and/or operations experience, preferably in a concert hall or theatrical environment
• Ability to regularly work nights, weekends and occasional holidays
• Positive attitude with a superior focus on guest service
• Organization, planning, extreme attention to detail and trouble-shooting skills
• Ability to lift boxes of programs, brochures, CDs, etc. up to 40 pounds
• Experience with budgets preferred
• Experience managing volunteers preferred
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Knowledge of classical and/or choral music a plus
Compensation and Benefits: The Marketing & Sales Coordinator position garners a competitive salary. The CSO offers generous benefits including; medical, dental, long term disability, life, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, health savings account, 403(b) participation and employer contribution, and the opportunity to work for an artistically thriving and financially stable nonprofit organization.
Please send cover letter and resume via APPLY
Or via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please put "Marketing & Sales Coordinator" in the subject line.
No third party applications will be accepted. No phone calls please.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred