Marketing & Sales Coordinator – Part Time
This position works collaboratively within and across the organization to develop and execute single ticket marketing plans for the CSO, Pops, May Festival and Vocal Arts Ensemble to drive single ticket sales. The ideal candidate will have a private sector head and a public sector heart, with an ability to drive ticket sales among new and existing audiences while using data to understand the success of these efforts. The ideal candidate will also be curious and forward-leaning, with the ability to develop concepts for and execute new ways to connect audiences to music.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Manage and replenish Gift Shop inventory
• Support Audience Engagement manager in developing and implementing strategies that improve and enhance the audience experience and drive merchandise sales.
• Manage Gift Shop software (Square) including entering new inventory and discounts into system. Maintain equipment and trouble-shooting any issues.
• Manage reporting of Gift Shop sales, making sure all sales and reports balance at the end of the night and are given to the Audience Engagement Manager.
• Manage reporting of Gift Shop item sales, updating item inventory and generating reports that are given to the Audience Engagement Manager
• Maintain Bravo Shop budget set by the Audience Engagement Manager, ensuring sales meet or exceed budget projections and expenses are kept in check.
• Collaborate with the Audience Engagement Manager on rotating seasonal displays, featured guest merchandise, sale items and curated goods from local vendors as well as
• Manage the set up and tear down of the shop as needed around partner organization events.
• Oversee the Gift Shop on-site operations, sales floor and/or mobile sales for approximately 30%+ of concert and event shifts, most of which fall on evenings, weekends and occasional holidays. Oversee off-site Gift Shop at occasional community concerts and events.
• Assist with new recording releases; seek opportunities to increase sales of recordings and merchandise; achieve sales and profit margin targets.
• Assess audience needs and provide information on various products including extensive CD recording inventory.
• Take active approach in increasing Gift Shop sales by engaging with guests, making recommendations and identifying opportunities to cross-sell products
• Regularly share staff, volunteer and audience feedback to Audience Engagement Manager and Gift Shop Associate.
• Manage or coordinate CD signings in tandem with FOH manager.
• Work occasionally with Audience Engagement Intern(s) and provide positive work environment where new ideas and strategies are given encouragement to flourish.
• Other duties as assigned
• High School Diploma, Associates degree preferred
• 1 year experience with Gift Shop Software (Square) or similar POS system preferred
• 1 year customer service and/or operations experience, preferably in a concert hall or theatrical environment
• Ability to regularly work nights, weekends and occasional holidays
• Positive attitude with a superior focus on guest service
• Organization, planning, extreme attention to detail and trouble-shooting skills
• Ability to lift boxes of programs, brochures, CDs, etc. up to 40 pounds
• Experience with budgets preferred
• Experience managing volunteers preferred
• Knowledge of classical and/or choral music a plus
Compensation and Benefits: The Marketing Advertising Manager position garners a competitive salary. The CSO offers generous benefits including; medical, dental, long term disability, life, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, health savings account, 403(b) participation and employer contribution, and the opportunity to work for an artistically thriving and financially stable nonprofit organization.
Please send cover letter and resume via APPLY
Or via email at: email@example.com
Please put "Marketing & Sales Coordinator" in the subject line.
No third party applications will be accepted. No phone calls please.