POSITION SUMMARY: This position works collaboratively within and across the organization to drive single ticket sales and engagement for the CSO, Pops, May Festival and Vocal Arts Ensemble. The ideal candidate will have a private sector head and a public sector heart, with an ability to grow ticket sales among new and existing audiences while using data to understand the targeting and success of these efforts. Strong writing skills are necessary. The ideal candidate will also be curious and forward-leaning, with the ability to develop concepts for and execute new ways to connect audiences to orchestral and choral music.
Reports To: Director of Marketing
• Develop and executive single ticket marketing and promotional plans for all concert weekends across brand lines, including CSO & Pops and related brands, May Festival and Vocal Arts Ensemble. Calibrate spend to capacity and sales goals.
• Support efforts at spreading word about the concerts. Lead efforts to reach single ticket buyers in new ways with unique promotional ideas.
• Develop strategies to grow multi-single ticket buyers and deepen engagement, to better prepare them for subscription later on.
• Place all media buys, traffic ads, and manage media/vendor relationships to secure as much donated media as possible. Utilize recommendations of Empower Media Marketing. Manage some elements of direct mail.
• Work cross-functionally to leverage activities in other areas of the organization (audience engagement efforts such as Friday Orange, etc.) to drive ticket sales.
• Work inter- and intra-departmentally to ensure that marketing plans are fully integrated across digital, social and email platforms.
• Serve as a primary copywriter for the marketing department, writing copy for ads, direct mail, website, etc.
• Serve on internal Social Media Action Squad to develop strategy and support social media marketing and storytelling efforts.
• Track single ticket expense budget. Work with the Director of Marketing and Director of Sales, help to forecast sales and report on success of promotions.
• Provide marketing strategic guidance and event support for affinity groups CSO Encore (YPs) and Spectrum (LGBTQIA).
• Represent Marketing at the Vocal Arts Ensemble board meetings as required.
• Cross-train with other marketing managers to assist as needed with essential projects such as social media assistance, event assistance, email creation and deployment and promo code tracking.
• This position serves in the rotation for front-of-house management duties at concerts.
• Manage intern(s).
• Other duties as assigned
Desired Job Requirements, Skills, Background:
• At least 2 years’ experience in marketing, communications or related field with proven track record of results; non-profit or performing arts experience a plus
• Excellent project manager with superb time management skills
• Strong written and oral communication skills and proofreading skills; Ability to communicate effectively and in a timely way with external and internal constituencies
• A good eye for strong ad design
• Marketing/ad copywriting experience highly desirable
• Thrives in an extremely fast-paced environment and can process information on the fly
• Key characteristics of the ideal candidate include innate curiosity, adaptability, creativity, willingness to try new things and measure and learn from these opportunities, and to share these learnings broadly
• Knowledge of and/or passion for the arts, specifically music
• Experience working with volunteers a plus
• Bachelor’s degree
The CSO celebrates diversity! We are an EEO/M/F/D/V Employer.
Please send cover letter, resume, and compensation requirements via APPLY or to:
Or via email at: email@example.com
Please put “Marketing Manager” in the subject line.
No third party applications will be accepted.