Marketing Advertising Manager
This position works collaboratively within and across the organization to develop and execute single ticket marketing plans for the CSO, Pops, May Festival and Vocal Arts Ensemble to drive single ticket sales. The ideal candidate will have a private sector head and a public sector heart, with an ability to drive ticket sales among new and existing audiences while using data to understand the success of these efforts. The ideal candidate will also be curious and forward-leaning, with the ability to develop concepts for and execute new ways to connect audiences to music.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Working closely with the Director of Marketing, develop single ticket marketing and promotional plans for all concert weekends across brand lines, including CSO & Pops and related brands, May Festival and Vocal Arts Ensemble.
• Place all media buys and manage media/vendor relationships to secure as much donated media as possible.
• Work inter- and intra-departmentally to ensure that marketing plans are fully supported across digital and email platforms.
• Serve as a primary copywriter for the marketing department, writing copy for ads, direct mail, website, etc.
• Track single ticket expense budget. Work with the Director of Marketing and Director of Sales, help to forecast sales and report on success of promotions.
• Provide marketing strategic guidance and event support for CSO Encore, the young professionals’ affinity group.
• Represent Marketing at the Vocal Arts Ensemble board meetings as required.
• Oversee collateral distribution in the community.
• Cross-train with other marketing managers to assist as needed with essential projects such as social media assistance, event assistance, email creation and deployment and promo code tracking.
• Serve as part of the rotation for “front of house” duty at concerts
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Reporting Relationship: The Marketing Advertising Manager reports to the Director of Marketing.
• At least 2 years’ experience in marketing, communications or related field with proven track record of results; non-profit or performing arts experience a plus
• Excellent project manager with superb time management skills
• Strong written and oral communication skills and proofreading skills; Ability to communicate effectively and in a timely way with external and internal constituencies
• A good eye for strong ad design
• Marketing/ad copywriting experience highly desirable
• Thrives in an extremely fast-paced environment and can process information on the fly
• Key characteristics of the ideal candidate include innate curiosity, adaptability, creativity, willingness to try new things and measure and learn from these opportunities, and to share these learnings broadly
• Knowledge of and/or passion for the arts, specifically music
• Experience working with volunteers a plus
• Bachelor’s degree
Compensation and Benefits: The Marketing Advertising Manager position garners a competitive salary. The CSO offers generous benefits including; medical, dental, long term disability, life, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, health savings account, 403(b) participation and employer contribution, and the opportunity to work for an artistically thriving and financially stable nonprofit organization.
Please send cover letter and resume via APPLY
Or via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please put "Marketing & Sales Coordinator" in the subject line.
No third party applications will be accepted. No phone calls please.