Education Programs Manager
Position Summary: The Education Programs Manager is a full-time position responsible for developing, administering and evaluating all school programs. The position is responsible for supervising any volunteers or staff used to plan or deliver the programs. The Education Programs Manager represents the CSO to educators and other arts, education, and civic institutions to promote constructive working partnerships in the community and advance the organization. The ideal candidate will have music education experience, preferably with an orchestra, the ability to work independently, a high level of integrity and must enjoy working with a wide variety of people.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Plan and implement CSO’s educational programs, including Young People’s Concerts, Sound Discoveries School Residencies, Educator Workshops, CSO Educator Network, Musicians-in-Schools, and a variety of other educational partnerships.
• Collaborate with staff conductors, production staff, and musicians in designing a variety of education concerts and events.
• Hire and lead part-time staff/independent contractors in developing and implementing program components including curriculum guides and school residencies.
• Lead internal collaboration on the marketing, communications and ticketing for all school programs.
• Cultivate and maintain professional relationships with regional and local educators, school districts, universities, and other institutions. Act as spokesperson for the CSO in school and education matters.
• Inform and develop long term vision and strategy for school programs in collaboration with the Director of Education and Community Engagement.
• Develop and implement impact measurement tools to evaluate progress on organizational strategic priorities.
• Manage calendar of education events in coordination with CSO master calendar.
• Develop budgets for each program with the Director of Education and Community Engagement; manage and process invoices, payments, and receivables related to school programs.
• Cultivate, plan and schedule Orchestra musicians for events supporting the CSO’s education program efforts.
• Manage and grow the CSO Educator Network social media page providing daily content updates and promotional efforts.
• Collaborate interdepartmentally to implement programs and provide up-to-date information to assist fundraising, marketing, and communications efforts.
• Support other Education and Community Engagement events as needed.
• Participate in Lollipops Family Concert planning
Job Requirements, Skills, Background:
• Bachelor’s degree in music education, music, or similar field is required; orchestra education experience preferred.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and exceptional organizational ability.
• Computer proficiency required, including Microsoft Office, Word and Excel, with the ability to learn and utilize new software. Experience with Tessitura is a plus.
• Availability to work evening and weekend events is expected.
• Must possess a valid U.S. driver’s license and reliable transportation as offsite travel is required.
Perform other duties as assigned
The CSO celebrates diversity! We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity, Minority, Female, Disabled, Veteran Employer.
Please send cover letter, resume, & compensation requirements via APPLY or:
Or via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please put "Education Programs Manager" in the subject line.
No third party applications will be accepted. No phone calls please.