CSO Brand Director
The CSO Brand Director serves as a key member of the senior marketing team, developing and executing strategies that help us continue to achieve our organizational vision. The primary responsibility is to increase ticket sales and attendance to the Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra and related activities, including CSO Chamber Players and classical specials.
This position requires a private-sector head and a public-sector heart. The ideal candidate embraces data-driven approaches to his/her work, and has experience establishing appropriate metrics for tracking success, and developing effective strategies based on analysis. The ideal candidate also has experience with media buying, customer segmentation and strategy. This position reports to the VP of Marketing and works collaboratively across the organization, and in close connection with the Pops Brand Director.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Direct, create and implement subscription and single ticket marketing campaigns for the CSO and related brands to achieve ticket revenue and attendance targets.
• Work closely with the CSO Director of Artistic Administration to drive success of the CSO through strategic programming, packaging, pricing and promotion. Success is measured by ticket sales, retention, and the “progression of engagement” from single ticket purchase through subscription.
• Deeply understand the audiences for classical concerts and serve of the voice of the customer in all discussions.
• Plan for successful transition and retention/acquisition of classical audiences back into a renovated hall for the 2017-18 season.
• Plan and execute direct mail, email, telemarketing and media buys in conjunction with Pops Brand Director; nurture relationships with media outlets to leverage as much donated and in-kind support as possible.
• Manage marketing budget; forecast sales and analyze effectiveness of marketing activities.
• Copywriting and editing. Help direct freelance designers and consultants as necessary.
• Serve as a staff liaison to CSO Encore, a thriving YP group.
• Manage the Marketing Manager, and nurture positive culture in the department.
• Oversee and help execute special events as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
Job Requirements, Skills, Background:
• At least 4-5 years experience in music, marketing, communications or related field with proven track record of results; non-profit or performing arts experience a plus
• Innate curiosity, willingness to learn, and strong leadership skills
• Stellar project management and planning skills, and verbal/written communication skills and the confidence to communicate results to various constituencies
• Ability to represent the CSO in a high-profile manner in the community
• Creative, forward-leaning, adaptable to change
• Thrives in an extremely fast-paced environment with excellent judgment and ability to process information on the fly
• Ability to see the big picture and opportunities, while successfully executing detailed plans
• Proven effectiveness in working cross-functionally and collaboratively
• Bachelor’s degree
• Some knowledge of classical and/or choral music preferred
• Experience managing people and working with volunteers a plus
• Tessitura/data analysis skills a plus
The CSO celebrates diversity! We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity, Minority, Female, Disabled, Veteran Employer.
Please send cover letter, resume, & compensation requirements via APPLY or:
Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra
1241 Elm Street
Cincinnati, OH 45202
Or via email at: email@example.com
Please put "CSO Brand Director" in the subject line.
No third party applications will be accepted. No phone calls please.