Communications Multimedia Intern
The part-time Communications Multimedia Intern effectively assists the Communications Department with graphic design work, coordinating video and photo shoots, gathering and distributing press materials, sending concert and event information for calendar listings, managing bulletin boards, and assisting with social media management. This position reports to the Director of Communications, and also works with the Digital Communications Manager and the Vice President of Communications. The CSO Communications Department works closely with staff across all the organization’s departments to ensure best-in-class communications throughout.
• Digital file management, organization, and documentation
• Assist in proofing and updating the website
• Coordinate video and photo shoots (logistics, scheduling)
• Fulfill photo requests
• Archive digital files including photos, articles and videos
• Assist with social media content updating, scheduling and creation
• General clerical support for the Communications Department
• Attending department meetings and reporting on current projects
• Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Preferred:
• Ability to work a regular schedule consisting of up to 10 hours per week in office.
• Excellent communication and organization skills
• Must have experience shooting or editing video/photos.
• Experience with Photoshop. HTML or Illustrator a bonus
• Experience with a CMS (WordPress, Squarespace, Wix) or updating a blog a plus
• Knowledge of social media platforms or experience updating a Facebook Page
• Microsoft Office experience
The CSO celebrates diversity! We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity, Minority, Female, Disabled, Veteran Employer.
Please include a link to your portfolio if available or be willing to provide work samples.
OR please send cover letter, portfolio, and resume via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please put “Communications Intern” in the subject line.
No third party applications will be accepted.