Communications Multimedia Intern
This internship will give broad exposure to all areas of a thriving, world-class arts institution. This internship is unpaid and has a requirement of 10 hours per week. The Communications Multimedia Intern assists the Communications Department with graphic design work, coordinating video and photo shoots, gathering and distributing press materials, sending concert and event information for calendar listings, managing bulletin boards, and assisting with social media management. This is an excellent opportunity to bring skills and talent from the classroom and hit the ground running by creating content for a professional portfolio.
• Digital file management, organization, and documentation
• Assist in resizing digital art files for different platforms
• Assist in producing the Fanfare Cincinnati Podcast
• Assist with updating web content - through a WYSIWYG or HTML
• Edit video content for social media
• Fulfill photo requests
• Archive digital files including photos, articles and videos
• Assist with social media content updating, scheduling and creation
• General clerical support for the Communications Department
• Attending department meetings and reporting on current projects
• Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Preferred:
• Ability to work a regular schedule consisting of up to 10 hours per week in office.
• Excellent communication and organization skills
• Must have experience shooting or editing video/photos.
• Must have experience with audio editing through Audacity, Adobe Audition, or Pro Tools
• Experience with Photoshop or Illustrator required.
• Experience with a CMS (WordPress, Squarespace, Wix) or updating a blog a plus. HTML knowledge a bonus.
• Knowledge of social media platforms or experience updating a Facebook Page
• Microsoft Office experience
• Knowledge of classical music a bonus, but not expected
The CSO celebrates diversity! We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity, Minority, Female, Disabled, Veteran Employer.
Please include a link to your portfolio if available or be willing to provide work samples.
OR please send cover letter, portfolio, and resume via email at: email@example.com
Please put “Communications Intern” in the subject line.
No third party applications will be accepted.