Classical Roots Coordinator
Position Summary: The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is seeking a part-time administrator to assist with management of the volunteer choir and additional administrative duties for the 2017 Classical Roots concert. This seasonal position will begin on Monday, August 21st 2017 and end on Friday, May 31st 2018. Duties include maintaining Classical Roots Community Mass Choir (CRCMC) schedule, rehearsal venue set-up, music distribution and other duties. Candidate should have excellent written and verbal communication skills, be punctual, organized and reliable, and work well under pressure. Candidate will report to the Community Engagement & Diversity Manager and work with the Classical Roots Music Director, Director of Artistic Administration, Volunteer Music Leaders and the entire CSO Production team. This is a part-time (12 hours per week), hourly position
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Maintaining the CRCMC rehearsal schedule and communicating any updates
• Coordinate all communication with CRCMC
• Attending all CRCMC rehearsals, serving as coordinator on site
• Serve as liaison with CRCMC and Community Engagement & Diversity Manager
• Maintain music folders and serve as librarian for the CRCMC
• Attend meetings of the Production and Music Leader teams
• Other duties as
• Manage calendar of education events in coordination with CSO master calendar.
• Develop budgets for each program with the Director of Education and Community Engagement; manage and process invoices, payments, and receivables related to school programs.
• Cultivate, plan and schedule Orchestra musicians for events supporting the CSO’s education program efforts.
• Manage and grow the CSO Educator Network social media page providing daily content updates and promotional efforts.
• Collaborate interdepartmentally to implement programs and provide up-to-date information to assist fundraising, marketing, and communications efforts.
• Support other Education and Community Engagement events as needed.
• Participate in Lollipops Family Concert planning
Job Requirements, Skills, Background:
• Successful candidate will be a team player and be self-motivated
• Candidate should be flexible and proactive in a fast-paced and demanding environment
• Candidate should enjoy working with people and demonstrate a positive, trustworthy and professional demeanor with all staff and artists
• Ability to work evenings and weekends a must
• Basic knowledge and appreciation of classical/choral music desired
• Previous experience as a volunteer coordinator a plus
• Must be well acquainted with Microsoft Office applications
• Must have reliable transportation
Perform other duties as assigned
The CSO celebrates diversity! We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity, Minority, Female, Disabled, Veteran Employer.
Please send cover letter, resume, & compensation requirements via APPLY or:
Or via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please put "Classical Roots Coordinator" in the subject line.
No third party applications will be accepted. No phone calls please.