Audience Engagement Intern
Position Summary: This internship will give broad exposure to all areas of a thriving, world-class arts institution. This internship is unpaid and is has a requirement of 8-20 hours per week. Eight hours minimum is required. Thursday and Friday afternoon and weekend availability is strongly recommended.
• Assist with executing engagement plans across all product lines (CSO, Pops, May Festival, Lollipops, etc.)
• Coordinate CSO presence at external and internal events; assist with events, answer questions, serve as a CSO/Pops ambassador
• Assist with ordering goods and merchandise for events and promotions
• Assist with concert enhancements, concert setup and volunteer coordination
• Assist with digital/social media/mobile initiatives
• Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Preferred:
• Upper level (college junior or senior) and/or graduate student pursuing degrees in Marketing, Arts Management, Public Relations, Journalism, Music or Communications preferred.
• Excellent project management, and verbal/written communication and computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite)
• Innate curiosity and willingness to learn
• Enjoys working collaboratively but also takes initiative to work independently
• Ability to professionally represent the CSO at concerts, and in the community
• Thrives in an extremely fast-paced environment and can process information on the fly
• Some knowledge of classical and/or choral music a plus
• Experience with research (surveymonkey.com, Google Analytics) and databases (Tessitura), and data analysis a big plus
The CSO celebrates diversity! We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity, Minority, Female, Disabled, Veteran Employer.
Please send cover letter and resume via the apply button or email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please put “Audience Engagement Intern” in the subject line.
No third party applications will be accepted.