Audience Engagement Intern - Summer 2018
This internship will give broad exposure to all areas of a thriving, world-class arts institution. This internship is unpaid and is has a requirement of 8-20 hours per week. Eight hours minimum is required. Availability both during business hours and on weekends for concert duties is required.
• Assist with executing engagement plans across all product lines (CSO, Pops, May Festival, Lollipops, etc.)
• Coordinate and execute plans on CSO Student Ambassador Program across campuses
• Assist in distributing weekly thank you and offer cards following concerts
• Coordinate CSO presence at external and internal events; assist with events, answer questions, serve as a CSO/Pops ambassador
• Assist with ordering goods and merchandise for events and promotions
• Assist with concert enhancements, concert setup and volunteer coordination
• Conduct research and brainstorm ideas for audience engagement enhancement
• Assist with digital/social media/mobile initiatives
• Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Preferred:
• Upper level (college junior of senior) and/or graduate student pursuing degrees in Marketing, Arts Management, Public Relations, Journalism, Music or Communications preferred.
• Excellent project management, and verbal/written communication and computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite)
• Innate curiosity and willingness to learn
• Enjoys working collaboratively but also takes initiative to work independently
• Ability to professionally represent the CSO at concerts, and in the community
• Enjoys communicating with and assisting audiences/patrons
• Thrives in an extremely fast-paced environment and can process information on the fly
• Some knowledge of classical and/or choral music a plus
• Experience with research (surveymonkey.com, Google Analytics) and databases (Tessitura), and data analysis a big plus
The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra offers a competitive wage and benefits package, including health, dental, vision, life, and parking. Salary is commensurate with experience.
The CSO celebrates diversity! We are an EEO/M/F/D/V Employer.
Please send cover letter and resume via APPLY or:
Or via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please put "Audience Engagement Intern" in the subject line.
No third party applications will be accepted. No phone calls please.