Assistant Orchestra Personnel Manager
Position Summary: This full time position provides administrative and operational support to the Director of Orchestra Personnel. This position serves as the secondary contact with all musicians of the Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra, CSO Production Staff and with the Music Director. The Assistant Orchestra Personnel Manager is a representative of management and fulfills the duties of the Director of Orchestra Personnel in his/her absence.
• Assists the Director of Orchestra Personnel in administering the Master Agreement including the management of all Orchestra services; start and stop times, breaks, attendance and string seating.
• In coordination with the Director of Orchestra Personnel create and manage the preparation and posting of all musician rosters, including identifying needed extras, wind part assignments, and string rotation.
• Manages the hiring of all string substitute / replacement musicians. Engages extra musicians as assigned by the Director of Orchestra Personnel.
• Manage the tracking of orchestra member attendance including: sick leave, personal leave, exchange services, etc.
• Assists the Director of Orchestra Personnel in the execution of all auditions according to the Master Agreement. Serve as the Audition Coordinator in organizing and maintaining all applications and résumés, communicating the time and date of the auditions to external and internal candidates and the audition committee in a timely and accurate manner.
• Fulfills the duties of the Director of Orchestra Personnel in his/her absence including split orchestra services.
• Manages the assignment of Pops jackets and Pops shirts and maintains all records.
• Manages the posting and distribution of all schedules, memos and other official communication.
• Maintain and update the Orchestra Webpage.
• Send weekly Orchestra Announcement Email
• Manages mailbox and locker assignments as well as obtaining Orchestra musician ID’s.
• Assists the Director of Orchestra Personnel and Operations department in the preparation of foreign and domestic tours. Compiles and distributes information packets as well as collects, verifies and coordinates returned information. Assists with other duties as assigned.
• Coordinate with the Director of Operations and the Director of Personnel for all Run-out, Regional Pops, and other services away from Music Hall. This includes riding the musician’s bus.
• Work with Volunteer Manager to get Musician Volunteers for Parties of Note.
• Represents management at all times to the musicians.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
The Assistant Orchestra Personnel Manager reports to the Director of Orchestra Personnel.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual with a minimum of five plus years of orchestra personnel experience. Other qualifications include:
• Bachelor’s degree in music and/or arts administration.
• Experience in orchestra personnel management or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Must demonstrate initiative, strong problem resolution and organizational skills, and be able to participate successfully in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to observe a high level of discretion and confidentiality at all times
• The ability to prioritize projects and manage stressful situations while remaining professional.
• Computer proficiency required, including Microsoft Office, Word and Excel. OPAS and/or Tessitura experience is a plus.
• Availability to work evening and weekend events is required.
• Must possess a valid U.S. driver’s license and reliable transportation as offsite travel is required.
Compensation and Benefits: The Assistant Orchestra Personnel Manager position garners a competitive salary. The CSO offers generous benefits including; medical, dental, long term disability, life, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, health savings account, 403(b) participation and employer contribution, and the opportunity to work for an artistically thriving and financially stable nonprofit organization.
Please send cover letter, resume, and salary history via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The CSO celebrates diversity! We are an EEO/M/F/D/V Employer.
Please send cover letter, resume and salary requirements via APPLY
Or via email at: email@example.com
Please put “Assistant Orchestra Personnel Manager” in the subject line.
No third party applications will be accepted.