Administrative Assistant to the Music Director
Position Summary: This is a part-time, salaried, position that provides administrative and clerical support to the Music Director. The Administrative Assistant will ensure the Music Director has an organizational presence even when he/she is out of town, and will bolster the effectiveness, impact and focus of his/her work while present in Cincinnati. This position will provide additional departmental support for artist-related matters.
16-20 hours/week, on average. Ranging from 32-40 hours during Music Director conducting weeks and administrative periods, to 8-10 hours in other weeks.
• Manage and prepare Music Director’s CSO calendar, liaising with the President, VP & General Manager and Director of Artistic Planning & Administration on details, updating as necessary during CSO conducting weeks and administrative periods.
• Coordinate philanthropy, communications, marketing and education/community engagement requests with appropriate staff.
• Handle correspondence via e-mail, phone and letter.
• Arrange CSO business travel and transportation arrangements, domestic and international.
• Maintain relationship with Mostly Mozart Festival and Askonas Holt staff regarding travel and information requests.
• Complete various tasks, including but not limited to: concert wardrobe dry cleaning, meal runs and Green Room grocery shopping, office cleaning, etc.
• Provide transportation for Music Director and guest artists as needed.
• Liaise with contractors and vendors, plus partner with Executive Assistant to the President and other administrative staff to complete assignments, as needed.
• Oversee and manage special projects, plus other duties, as assigned.
Success in the position requires excellence in the following areas:
• High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy.
• Ability to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization.
• Precision and accuracy in all work deliverables and communications.
• Constant attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
• Excellent time management skills, punctuality, and a strong ability to prioritize.
The Administrative Assistant to the Music Director reports to the Director of Artistic Planning and Administration, CSO and May Festival.
• Experienced, career-minded individual, with a passion for the performing arts.
• Minimum three years of experience as an administrative or executive assistant and a Bachelor's Degree relating to the field, or a demonstrated history of success as a personal or administrative/executive assistant.
• Knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database and presentation software (MSWord, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Prior experience in the performing arts.
• A flexible schedule with availability on nights and weekends during Music Director’s CSO conducting weeks and administrative periods.
• Knowledge of instrumental/orchestral repertoire as well as a facility with multiple languages and prior world travel.
Compensation and Benefits: The Administrative Assistant to the Music Director position garners a competitive salary and opportunity to work for an artistically thriving and financially stable nonprofit organization.
The CSO celebrates diversity! We are an EEO/M/F/D/V Employer.
Please send cover letter, resume and salary requirements via APPLY
Or via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please put “Administrative Assistant” in the subject line.
No third party applications will be accepted.