Company Description: The CSO is a dynamic ensemble of some of the world’s finest musicians. The CSO is the umbrella organization for the Cincinnati Symphony and Cincinnati Pops Orchestras, presenting more than 100+ concerts and events annually. A thriving organization with a growing support base of audiences and contributors, the CSO is the cornerstone of the Cincinnati arts community and an anchor cultural institution in Over-the-Rhine, with additional summer performances at Riverbend Music Center.
The fifth oldest symphony in the United States, the CSO has achieved international critical acclaim and an operating budget that consistently places it among America’s top 10 orchestras. The CSO serves as an ambassador for Greater Cincinnati to the world through national and international tours and an extensive Grammy-winning recording catalog, with over 10 million recordings sold worldwide. At home, the CSO was rated #1 in customer satisfaction and value among all Greater Cincinnati arts and entertainment venues, according to a 2010 independent study conducted by Northern Kentucky University.
Position Summary: The Accounting Clerk, under general supervision, performs a variety of detailed accounting duties in accordance with standard accounting procedures. Checks and verifies data for completeness and accuracy. Work is often quantitative in nature. Typically uses computerized data management and analysis systems. This position provides assistance in maintaining a variety of financial transactions and records; compiling information and preparing reports and/or summaries.
* Provides overall accounting for partner organization(s).
* Completes accounting functions in accordance with established standards, policies and procedures.
* Assists accounting personnel, human resources and the CFO as needed.
* Reconcile payroll to the general ledger on a regular basis as needed
* Prepares and files various tax reporting forms on a regular basis.
* Prepares vendor payment checks for mailing and files supporting documentation.
* Participates in the annual audit(s) as assigned.
* Assist with preparation of financial statements and tax returns.
* Enter vendor invoices and process vendor payments
* Prepare, review, and enter daily cash receipts
* Monitor, evaluate, enter and maintain accounts receivable.
* Deposit multiple corporate checks via “On-Site Deposits.”
* Prepares grant reporting as assigned.
* Maintains all corporate documentation, correspondence, insurance, grant, and financial files in an orderly systematic manner.
* Prepares monthly and annual general ledger account reconciliations.
* Analyzes general ledger activity and proposes adjustments, as needed.
* Enters annual budget and projection information into the accounting software.
* Ensures the work area is clean, secure and well maintained.
* Completes special projects and miscellaneous assignments as assigned.
* Other duties as assigned.
Education: Minimum 2-year degree with an accounting focus and/or relevant work experience.
Knowledge: Knowledge of related computer and accounting software applications and familiarity with basic bookkeeping procedures.
Experience: Minimum two years of previous related experience and proficiency with QuickBooks required.
Skills: Exceptional typing skills, attention to detail and accuracy, well organized, cooperative attitude and willingness to learn and assist others, able to use computer applications, ten key, and telephone, ability to work in a fast paced environment and to manage time in order to meet important deadlines, ability to work autonomously and solve problems with minimal supervision.
The CSO celebrates diversity! We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity, Minority, Female, Disabled, Veteran Employer.
Please send cover letter, resume and hourly compensation requirements to:
Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra
1241 Elm Street
Cincinnati, OH 45202
Or via email at: email@example.com
Please put “Accounting Clerk” in the subject line.
No third party applications will be accepted.