Reports to: Director of Marketing, Music and Event Management, Inc. (MEMI), a subsidiary of the Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra (CSO)
Position Summary: The Marketing Manager serves as a key member of the marketing team, developing and executing strategies that help us continue to achieve our organizational vision of delivering unparalleled concert experiences. The primary responsibility of the Marketing Manager is to increase attendance and single ticket sales to Taft Theatre, Riverbend Music Center and PNC Pavilion concerts.
The ideal candidate embraces data-driven approaches to his/her work, and has experience establishing appropriate metrics for tracking success, leveraging existing tools, and developing effective strategies based on analysis. The ideal candidate also has experience with media buying, customer segmentation and strategy.
Specific responsibilities include developing and implementing single ticket marketing campaigns and promotions, analyzing and tracking sales, media buying and relationship building, copywriting and editing, preparing and managing the single ticket budget, forecasting sales, and working collaboratively with internal and external constituencies to align positively around organizational objectives.
This is a full-time position operating Monday-Friday and housed at Riverbend Music Center with additional hours occurring during performances on evenings and weekends.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist the Director of Marketing, MEMI in developing and executing unique, comprehensive marketing and promotion campaigns for live music events and concerts at a variety of concert venues.
- Develop and execute online marketing and social media strategies including distribution of targeted ecards, newsletters and social media engagement/content management notices.
- Create and monitor advertising budgets for concerts.
- Strategically buy radio, TV, print, outdoor and online media.
- Write and edit copy for various strategic communications including a strong emphasis on press releases.
- Ensure that all communication is accurate, timely and meets a high professional standard of presentation.
- Plan and direct street team and grass roots marketing efforts in accordance with local advertisement distribution laws.
- Assist in the development and fulfillment of sponsorship programs.
- Coordinate pre-show/day of show press with independent publicists and managers.
- Execute show press activities at majority of events and concerts.
- Help train and manage seasonal interns.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in marketing, communications or a related field.
- Must have at least three years of experience in 1,500+ capacity live event entertainment, music or sports marketing.
- Vision and determination to bring desired outcomes.
- Demonstrated leadership and project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to work productively and positively within a team environment.
- High attention to detail while still being able to see the big picture.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and priorities.
- Clear, concise written and oral communication skills.
- High proficiency with all Microsoft Office products, especially Word and Excel. Photoshop ability a plus.
- Skills in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
Company Description: The CSO is a dynamic ensemble of some of the world’s finest musicians. The CSO is the umbrella organization for the Cincinnati Symphony and Cincinnati Pops Orchestras, presenting more than 100+ concerts and events annually. A thriving organization with a growing support base of audiences and contributors, the CSO is the cornerstone of the Cincinnati arts community and an anchor cultural institution in Over-the-Rhine, with additional summer performances at Riverbend Music Center.
The fifth oldest symphony in the United States, the CSO has achieved international critical acclaim and an operating budget that consistently places it among America’s top 10 orchestras. The CSO serves as an ambassador for Greater Cincinnati to the world through national and international tours and an extensive Grammy-winning recording catalog, with over 10 million recordings sold worldwide. At home, the CSO was rated #1 in customer satisfaction and value among all Greater Cincinnati arts and entertainment venues, according to a 2010 independent study conducted by Northern Kentucky University.
Music and Event Management, Inc. (MEMI) is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra. Incorporated in 2001, MEMI is the result of the unique combination of experienced event management professionals, and the commitment of the CSO to apply this experience and knowledge to corporate, private, municipal and not-for-profit clients. Since MEMI is a not-for-profit, all of its net revenue benefits the CSO.
MEMI offers service and consultation in event production and facility management, including marketing, sponsor acquisition, talent booking, event ticketing and concept development. Current MEMI managed events and facilities include; Tall Stacks Music, Arts & Heritage Festival, Cinci-Cinco Latino Festival, The Taft Theatre, Riverbend Music Center and PNC Pavilion.
The CSO celebrates diversity! We are an EEO/M/F/D/V Employer.
Please send cover letter and resume to:
Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra
1241 Elm Street
Cincinnati, OH 45202
Or via email at: HR@cincinnatisymphony.org
(Please put “Marketing Manager” in the subject line)
No third party applications will be accepted. No phone calls please.