Reports To: Marketing Manager, Subscriptions
Full-time, including weekends
Company Description: The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is a dynamic ensemble of some of the world’s finest musicians. The CSO is the umbrella organization for the Cincinnati Pops Orchestra; together, the Orchestra presents more than 100+ concerts and events annually. A thriving organization with a growing support base of audiences and contributors, the CSO is the cornerstone of the Cincinnati arts community and an anchor cultural institution in the city. Music Hall, the CSO’s performance home, is on the National Historic Register, and is located in the historic and vibrant Over-the-Rhine neighborhood, increasingly known for its burgeoning artisan and “maker culture,” which the CSO proudly celebrates.
The fifth oldest symphony in the United States, the CSO has achieved international critical acclaim and an operating budget that consistently places it among America’s top 10 orchestras. The CSO serves as an ambassador for Greater Cincinnati to the world through national and international tours and an extensive Grammy-winning recording catalog, with over 10 million recordings sold worldwide. At home, the CSO was rated #1 in customer satisfaction and value among all Greater Cincinnati arts and entertainment venues, according to a 2010 independent study conducted by Northern Kentucky University.
Description: The Subscription Coordinator helps deliver on the CSO’s mission and vision of engaging audiences and community better than any other orchestra in the world by delivering excellent customer service and deepening patron engagement. The Subscription Coordinator models the highest possible customer service; assists in determining subscription ticketing policies and subscriber retention initiatives and works collaboratively with internal and external constituencies to align positively around organizational objectives.
* Lead the subscription (season ticket) processing effort for CSO, Pops and May Festival and partner organizations; ensure timely entry and fulfillment of orders and exchange requests.
* Coordinate subscription mailings and manage volunteer forces to assist; ensure that messaging/packaging of tickets is aligned with brand positioning.
* Ensure integrity of daily balancing and handling of all payments as well as the confidentiality, proper handling, security, filing and disposal of all sensitive materials in accordance with company standards.
* Work with Telemarketing Manger to balance and reconcile orders, troubleshoot, resolve problems; maintain high level of support, accuracy and customer service.
* Process all account updates along with survey and promotion responses in accordance with internal database (Tessitura) standards.
* Resolve all subscription-related Customer Service Issue (CSIs) on a daily basis.
* Offer recommendations and take initiative to streamline processes and create greater efficiencies.
* Assist with the CSO Street Team to distribute collateral in the community.
* Work closely with the Box Office Manager and Marketing team on promotions, training and special projects.
* Assist Marketing Manager, Subscriptions in planning and executing subscriber appreciation/retention initiatives such as the Opus 25 and Opus 50 subscriber recognition programs, Season Preview Luncheon, and Meet Your Seat events; recommend and evaluate additional opportunities for subscriber recognition/appreciation.
* Maintain inventory of all relevant print collateral internally and at key locations around the community in a timely fashion.
* Assist with development of marketing concepts and execution of subscription and single ticket marketing plans.
* Provide back-up for incoming phone lines, receptionist, front-of-house and Box Office coverage.
* Other duties as assigned.
* At least one year customer service experience in a data processing environment; box office experience highly desirable
* Innate curiosity, adaptability, and willingness to learn
* Stellar project management and planning skills, and verbal/written communication skills and the confidence to communicate results to various constituencies
* Ability to represent the CSO in a professional manner
* Thrives in an extremely fast-paced environment and can process information on the fly
* Ability to see the big picture and opportunities, while successfully executing detailed plans
* Proven effectiveness in working cross-functionally and collaboratively
* Bachelor’s degree
* Some knowledge of classical and/or choral music preferred; non-profit or performing arts experience a plus
* Experience with Tessitura database a big plus
* Data analysis skills a plus
The CSO celebrates diversity! We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity, Minority, Female, Disabled, Veteran Employer.
Please send cover letter, resume and compensation requirements to:
Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra
1241 Elm Street
Cincinnati, OH 45202
Or via email at: email@example.com
Please put “Subscription Coordinator” in the subject line.
No third party applications will be accepted.